Sun Dried Tomato Bacon Wrapped Shrimp with a Brie Cream Sauce Pasta
This creamy seafood dish takes me back to the late afternoons after fishing in Bel Paese – “Beautiful Country,” as the Italians have so humbly named their home. So rich and elegant this recipe is labor of love would impress any dinner date. The brie, sun dried tomatoes, olives, and pasta are true Mediterranean staples and this dish is overflowing with flavors and textures. Deliciously indulgent the creamy brie sauce mellows the rich bacon and bold sun dried tomatoes in the prawns making it a great dish to be served independently or alongside roasted asparagus with a glass of white wine.
Bella Product Used:
- 12 jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined, butterflied.
- 12 pieces of Bella Sun Luci Julienne Cut Sun Dried Tomatoes with Italian Herbs
- 6 pieces of bacon cut in halves
- 12 toothpicks
- 2 cups bow-tie pasta, cooked from directions on box
- ½ cup of Bella Sun Luci Julienne Cut Sun Dried Tomatoes with Italian Herbs
- 1 cup of black olives
- ½ of brie wheel
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon creole seasoning
- ¼ cup fresh parsley
- Devein and butterfly shrimp.
- Place strip of Julienne Cut Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Tomatoes in butterflied space of shrimp before wrapping with bacon. Prepare 12 shrimp. Use toothpicks to secure.
- Place on a wire rack on a cookie sheet and place in the oven at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Cook past according to the boxes directions and set aside.
- Place remaining Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Tomatoes with some of the oil from the jar in a skillet and heat until bubbly.
- Add olives and then add brie.
- Melt brie and then add cream.
- Add in Creole seasoning and mix well.
- Remove from fire and add to pasta.
- Toss to cover. Place in two separate bowls.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley.
- Remove shrimp from oven and crisp in skillet if necessary.
- Remove toothpicks.
- Plate shrimp over pasta and enjoy!