Cumin Crusted Salmon with Sun Dried Tomato Chutney and Yogurt Cream
"Sometimes you create something that you feel is so spot on that you can't think of a single thing you'd change and this was one of them so it made it extra special for me that Bella Sun Luci felt the same way. I am both honored and proud at the same time!"
- Mary Edwards, First Place Winning Recipe in the 2020 Bella Sun Luci Annual Recipe Contest
Total Cook Time: 45 minutes
Bella Products Used:
- 1 tsp olive oil
- ⅓ cup diced onion
- ½ generous tsp. of curry powder or Garam Masala, according to taste
- ½ tsp freshly grated ginger
- dash of cayenne pepper, according to taste
- pinch of salt, according to taste
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 oz. Package of Bella Sun Luci sun dried tomatoes (reserving ¼ cup)
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ⅓ cup water
- 7 oz. Container of Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup diced thin skinned cucumber
- ¼ cup diced Bella Sun Luci sun dried tomatoes (that had been set aside from the chutney)
- 1 tsp chopped fresh mint
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- ⅓ cup diced tart green apple
- 1 tbsp chopped green onion
- ¼ tsp grated garlic (1 small clove)
- ¼ tsp salt, or to taste
- 4 salmon fillets
- 2 tsp (approximately) ground cumin
- Both the chutney and the yogurt cream can be made well ahead.
- Make the chutney by sauteing over low heat the onions in the olive oil until translucent, stir in the curry, ginger, cayenne, salt and brown sugar and saute for another minute.
- Chop the Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Tomatoes (reserving ¼ cup) and add them with the lemon juice and water.
- Cover and simmer over very low heat for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Mix together all the ingredients for the yogurt cream.
- Lightly dust the salmon fillets with the cumin and broil the fish until the cumin just starts to bubble.
- If using thick fillets turn the broiler off and allow the fish to finish cooking in the warm oven for a few minutes.
- Serve the warm salmon topped with a large dollop of the yogurt cream with the chutney as an accompaniment on the side. Garnish as desired.