- Potato Gnocchi with Sun Dried Tomatoes, Sweet Onions and Basil
Potato Gnocchi with Sun Dried Tomatoes, Sweet Onions and Basil
- 1 pound raw (if you’re making them yourself), or ½-3/4 pound pre-cooked gnocchi
- 1 large red onion, halved then sliced very thinly into half moons
- 1 TB Bella Sun Luci Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 8.5 oz jar Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Tomatoes Julienne Cut with Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Italian Herbs, oil drained, reserving 1 TB of the oil for this dish
- 8 oz marinara sauce
- 8 basil leaves, fine chiffonade
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 florets basil for garnish
- 4 TB (2 oz) freshly grated parmesan for finishing at the table
- Sauté the onion in the 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil over a high flame until tender, add the 1 tablespoon of oil from the sun dried tomatoes, turn to medium low and sauté until the onion is translucent and very soft.
- Add the sun dried tomatoes and the marinara. Bring to a boil then turn to medium heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, add the basil chiffonade and serve over gnocchi.
- Garnish with basil florets and serve hot, with parmesan on the side.