Sun Dried Tomato Pesto Ravioli
There are many ways to make ravioli and its brothers, sisters and cousins, tortellini, tortelli, tortelloni, agnoletti, etc. etc. etc. One of the ways we did in this recipe with an ice cube tray and a rolling pin. Two things: Don't make your pasta too thin (or it will break) and work fast because if you're slow the pasta will get too dry and it will...you guessed it...break. There are a million possible fillings and a million possible sauces, but remember two things:
- Simple is almost always best.
- Maybe you need to use up what's in your fridge (or garden).
- Most of all, have fun! Impress your friends! Eat foods you make by hand, with love! Like ravioli!
Ingredients for the Pasta
- 2 ¼ cup all purpose flour
- Extra flour for working the dough
- 1 TB Bella Sun Luci Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 whole eggs, beaten
- 1 extra egg, beaten, for egg wash, set aside separately
Ingredients for the filling
- 1 8.5 oz jar Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Tomato Pesto
- ⅓ cup ricotta
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan
Ingredients for the garnish
- A drizzling of Bella Sun Luci Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- A sprinkling of grated parmesan
- Parley florets (or any fresh herbs)
- Combine all of the pasta ingredients, work the pasta into a ball, knead 5-10 minutes and set aside.
- Mix the filling ingredients and set aside.
- Beat the egg, for the egg wash, and set aside.
- Roll out the pasta. A pasta machine will help, but is not necessary.
- Put the first pasta sheet down on the ice cube tray and gently make indentations.
- Fill each indentation with 1-2 tsp of the filling.
- Brush the egg wash to cover the exposed areas of the pasta sheet.
- Top with the second pasta sheet, seal with a rolling pin and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Turn the sheet of ravioli onto a cutting board.and cut the ravioli out.
- Boil the ravioli in salted water, strain, plate and garnish.