Sun Dried Tomato Pesto Ravioli
Ingredients for the Pasta
- 2 ¼ cup all purpose flour
- Extra flour for working the dough
- 1 TB Bella Sun Luci Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 whole eggs, beaten
- 1 extra egg, beaten, for egg wash, set aside separately
Ingredients for the filling
- 1 8.5 oz jar Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Tomato Pesto
- 1/3 cup ricotta
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan
Ingredients for the garnish
- A drizzling of Bella Sun Luci Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- A sprinkling of grated parmesan
- Parley florets (or any fresh herbs)
- Combine all of the pasta ingredients, work the pasta into a ball, knead 5-10 minutes and set aside.
- Mix the filling ingredients and set aside.
- Beat the egg, for the egg wash, and set aside.
- Roll out the pasta. A pasta machine will help, but is not necessary.
- Put the first pasta sheet down on the ice cube tray and gently make indentations.
- Fill each indentation with 1-2 tsp of the filling.
- Brush the egg wash to cover the exposed areas of the pasta sheet.
- Top with the second pasta sheet, seal with a rolling pin and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Turn the sheet of ravioli onto a cutting board.and cut the ravioli out.
- Boil the ravioli in salted water, strain, plate and garnish.