Sun Dried Tomato Penne Pasta
The simple yet flavorful ingredients capture how easily a delicious meal can come together with few ingredients. We love this dish because it can be made with pantry staples, but brings great flavor to the table in minutes. Enjoy this recipe as a side dish or an entrée with your choice of protein. This simple meal is a great recipe for every chef to keep in their back pocket.
Total Cook Time: 30 minutes
Bella Product Used:
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 1 handful fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 8.5 oz jar Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Tomato Halves in Olive Oil, oil drained and chopped, reserving seasoned olive oil
- 2 tbsp Bella Sun Luci Estate Grown Arbequina Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- ¼ c fresh romano cheese shavings
- ¼ c reserved seasoned oil from jar
- Cook pasta according to directions and set aside.
- Finley chop fresh basil and set aside.
- Drain seasoned oil from jar and add to pot over medium heat.
- Add olive oil, minced garlic, red pepper flakes, and sun dried tomatoes to pot. Stir over medium to low heat until garlic is fragrant.
- Add cooked pasta to pot and stir. Prior to serving top with shavings of romano cheese and fresh basil.