Sun Dried Tomato Penne Pasta
The elegant simplicity and creative combination of flavors in this recipe make it a winner. If you've had a long day, pamper yourself with this dish which is super quick and easy to make. It basically has five ingredients and you only need one pot, for the pasta.
- 1 - 16 oz Box Penne Pasta
- 1 - 8.5 oz jar Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Tomatoes In Pure Olive Oil & Herbs ~ Drained and chopped, reserving seasoned olive oil
- 1 bunch fresh basil leaves
- ¼ cup fresh romano cheese shavings
- ¼ cup Olive Oil, reserved from jar
- 2 Tbsp Pine Nuts, toasted
- Cook pasta according to directions.
- Drain pasta.
- Stir in sun dried tomatoes, olive oil and fresh basil leaves.
- Right before serving top with fresh shavings of romano cheese and toasted pinenuts.
- To Toast pinenuts:
- Place them on a cookie sheet in the oven at 350 degrees for fifteen minutes while watching them carefully to avoid burning.
- Roast them until they're toasty brown and fragrant.