Freshest Pasta Salad
This salad is another blank slate that you can manipulate seasonally, every season with sun dried tomatoes. For winter-fall use butternut squash and hearty greens. In spring, fava beans, peas and asparagus. You know, right?...CHEF...and this more summery version is perfectly poised for picnic-ery. When you go to cut the corn off of the cob, lay it down flat on your cutting board and the kernels won't fly all over the place.
- 4 medium zucchini, seeds removed and cut large bite size
- 1 pound of your favorite pasta
- 1 tbsp Bella Sun Luci Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Tomatoes in Olive Oil and Italian Herbs, Julienne Cut (Drained of the oil, oil reserved aside)
- 1 15 oz can artichokes in brine(Drained of the brine, brine reserved aside)
- 4 ears fresh corn, kernels cut off the cob
- ½ large red onion, diced (or 1 whole medium red onion)
- 1 cup basil leaves or a little more, chiffonade cut and divided, plus a few florets for final garnish
- 8 feta, crumbled
- For the dressing
- Start with the reserved sun dried tomato oil and artichoke brine
- 2 tbsp artisan mustard (Pale Ale-Honey in this case, or other)
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar (taste for acidity and a little if you like)
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced (this is optional)
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Kosher salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 10 oz bag spinach
- 2 large bell peppers, chopped
- Cook the pasta in salted water at a rolling boil. Stir often.
- *Set the timer for 3 minutes LESS than the package says.
- When the timer goes off, add the zucchine and set the timer for 1 minute.
- When the timer goes off, drain the pasta/zucchine, turn onto a sheet pan, coat with the 1 TB olive oil and stir for 1 minute to help it cool. Set aside.
- When cool, toss with the other salad ingredients (reserving ½ of the basil and florets for garnish).
- Make the dressing and toss it with the salad ingredients.
- Garnish with the remaining basil and florets.