Mediterranean Pasta Salad
This pasta salad is especially light and fresh, with basil pesto as the base of the dressing, making your own fresh is always recommended. Feel free to add fresh seasonal veggies for added color, crunch and flavor. Great in any season as the ingredients are mostly available year round. We prefer the flavor and texture of marinated artichokes (in their own kind of dressing, which can always be used instead of discarding it) to the ones in brine/water. The sun dried tomatoes really make this an any-season dish and add a luscious character to the mix. Use whatever pasta suits your fancy.
- 3 cups cooked pasta
- 1½ cups artichoke hearts
- ½ cup Bella Sun Luci Julienne Cut Sun Dried Tomatoes, reserve oil & set aside.
- ⅓ cup black olives
- ⅓ cup capers
- ⅓ cup scallions
- 2 Tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1¼ cups arugala
- ⅓ cup grated parmesan
- ⅓ cup toasted pine nuts
- ½ cup basil pesto
- ⅓ cup Bella Sun Luci Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Reserved oil from tomatoes
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, mix together cooked pasta noodles, artichoke hearts, Bella Sun Luci julienne cut sun dried tomatoes, black olives, capers, scallions, and chopped parsley.
- Prepare the salad dressing by mixing in a small bowl the basil pesto, extra virgin olive oil, reserved oil from the jar of sun dried tomatoes, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Mix well and dress the salad pasta.
- Add the arugula, parmesan cheese, and pine nuts.
- Toss salad and serve.