Pasta Di Parma with Sun Dried Tomatoes and Balsamic Reduction Sauce
This dish is a reminder of travels through Parma in the late fall, visiting Le Sorelle Picchi Ristorante and enjoying a plate pumpkin ravioli in sage brown butter. This authentic Italian recipe comes togther in a pinch for a delicious Italian meal on the fly. We combine tender vegatables with fresh garlic, sun dried tomatoes, and sweet balsamic vinegar to create a light flavorful glaze. The end result tastes so good you won't believe it only takes minutes to prepare. You can throw in some fresh corn off the cob for added crunch!
- 16 ounces dried penne, or your favorite pasta
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2-3 chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1 yellow squash chopped into 1-inch slices
- 1 zucchini chopped into 1-inch slices
- 1 white onion, chopped into 1-inch slices
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary minced, more for garnish
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 – 8.5 ounce Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Tomato Halves in Olive Oil & Herbs
- 2-3 roasted peppers, chopped into 1-inch slices
- ¾ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup small chunks or parmesan cheese (or shredded-optional)
- Salt and Pepper
- Cook pasta according to directions.
- Melt the butter in a large sauté pan and add the chicken.
- Season chicken generously with salt and pepper.
- When the chicken is browned, add garlic, rosemary, onion, zucchini and squash.
- Sauté until onions soften and then add the tomatoes and red peppers.
- Mix all of the vegetables together.
- Add the balsamic vinegar to pan.
- Increase heat and allow the vinegar to reduce down until it coats the vegetables and sweetens.
- Mix in the pasta, and top with parmesan cheese and sprigs of rosemary.