- Sun Dried Tomato Short Ribs with Cheesy Polenta
Sun Dried Tomato Short Ribs with Cheesy Polenta
- 3-4 lbs bone in beef short ribs
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ¼ cup Bella Sun Luci California Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ cup Bella Sun Luci sun dried tomatoes with Italian herbs julienne cut, chopped
- 1 cup red wine such as Chateau Margene Cabernet Franc or Pinot Noir
- 2 cups beef broth
- ¼ cup Bella Sun Luci sun dried tomatoes with Italian herbs julienne cut, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Bella Sun Luci California Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cup milk
- 2 cup chicken broth
- 4 tbsp butter
- 2 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup Pecorino Romano cheese, grated
- ½ cup Fontina cheese, shredded
- 1 tsp salt
- Black or red pepper to taste.
- Take beef short ribs out of refrigerator and allow to come to room temperature (30 minutes- 1 hour).
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Mix together salt, black pepper, paprika, garlic power and onion powder. Season meat throughly.
- Heat olive oil a Dutch oven over medium high heat and brown short ribs on all sides. Remove meat from Dutch oven and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium, brown onions about 5 minutes. Add garlic and sun dried tomatoes and cook for 3-4 minutes more.
- Add wine and Worcestershire sauce and reduce.
- Add beef, beef broth and the bay leaf. Cover with lid. Place in preheated oven.
- Cook for 2 - 2½ hours or until beef is very tender and easily pulls away from the bone.
- Bring chicken broth, milk and salt to boil and reduce to simmer.
- Gradually pour polenta into liquid while whisking.
- Continue stirring for 15- 20 minutes until mixture has thickened.
- Remove from heat, add sun dried tomatoes, butter, olive oil and cheeses. Season with more salt or pepper if desired. Stir until combined.
- Serve polenta immediately after cooking with the short ribs and some of the cooking liquid from the meat.