Beef, Pumpkin, and Sun Dried Tomato Chili
For a fresh, slightly sweet and smokey twist on Chili con Carne, try this multicultural extravaganza...a little bit Tex-Mex, a little bit Italian and a LOT of flavor. The sun dried tomato, sour cream and scallion garnish makes the color pop. I don't think I ever heard anybody say that about chili before.
- 2 tbsp olive oil (from sun dried tomatoes jar)
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 lbs ground beef
- 1 lbs spicy or sweet Italian Sausage
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground chipotle OR 1 Jar Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Tomato Chipotle Topper Sauce
- 2 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 15 oz can 100% pure pumpkin puree
- 2 cans (15 oz each) red kidney beans in mild chili sauce
- 2 jars (8.5 oz each) Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Tomatoes, Julienne Cut with Italian Herbs
- 1 cup low sodium beef broth
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 6 tbsp sour cream
- 1 scallion, chopped
- In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onion to the pot and saute for 4 minutes.
- Add ground beef, Italian Sausage, garlic, pumpkin pie spice, chili powder, ground chipotle (or Bella Sun Luci Chipotle Topper Sauce), salt and black pepper. Cook until ground beef is browned, about 8 minutes, stirring often.
- Stir in pumpkin puree.
- Add red beans and chili sauce to pot.
- Drain sun dried tomatoes of remaining olive oil. Add sun dried tomatoes to pot.
- Add beef broth and brown sugar. Stir well.
- Reduce heat to low and let simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve chili topped with sour cream and chopped scallion.