Baked Sweet Potato Chip with Sun Dried Tomato and Pistachio Basil Pesto
Healthy, tasty, creative and colorful this is a great fall-winter dish to entertain with. I wouldn't exactly call them chips because they aren't crispy-crunchy. I'd call them yamtastic medallions. From a chef's perspective these are yams. How do I know? I used to order them by the case and the ones with the purple-ish skin and orange color inside said, "garnet yams" on the box. Whatever they are, I call this dish simple, easy and delicious. And you will too.
Bella Product Used:
- 1 large sweet potato, thinly sliced
- 1 3 oz bag of Bella Sun Luci sun dried tomato halves
- ¼ cup + 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup unsalted pistachios
- 3 Tbsp chopped basil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp salt
- 8 oz of crumbled Feta cheese or crumbled goat cheese
- ¼ cup chopped basil (for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Place the sweet potato slices on a greased baking sheet.
- Place them in the oven for 25 minutes, flipping halfway.
- Once tender and the edges are crisp, remove them from the oven.
- For the pesto, in a small food processor, place the sun dried tomatoes, olive oil, pistachios, basil, garlic, and salt.
- Process the ingredients until well combined and the pesto is smooth. Once complete, spread the pesto across the sweet potato toasts, then top with the crumbled Feta or goat cheese and the extra basil for garnish, and enjoy!