This is literally a winner. It won first place in our recipe contest one year. I'd say I've made this very mediterranean, artichoke-focused dish 100 times. It's always a crowd favorite and should be served at special occasions, or often, whichever comes first.
- 1 Jar - 8.5 oz. Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Tomatoes in Olive Oil & Herbs
- 1 cup well drained, chopped artichoke hearts
- 4 oz. crumbled Feta cheese
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 green onions, diced
- ½ tsp. Kosher salt
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, flattened slightly to an even thickness
- 4 cups hot cooked rice
- ¼ cup slivered almonds, lightly toasted
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves, julienned
- Serves 4
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Drain sun dried tomatoes, reserving oil.
- In a large mixing bowl blend 1/2 cup of the drained tomatoes with the chopped artichoke hearts, feta and parmesan cheeses, mayonnaise, garlic, green onions, salt and pepper.
- Heat reserved olive oil (from tomatoes) in a large skillet placed over medium heat; when hot, add chicken and sear both sides to light brown.
- Remove chicken to oven-proof casserole dish and arrange in a single layer.
- Top chicken with tomato-artichoke mixture. Place uncovered dish into the preheated oven and bake 20-30 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
- Mix remaining sun dried tomatoes with the cooked rice and almonds.
- Press 1/4 of the rice into a cup or large ramekin, then invert onto plates.
- Rice should come out in a molded shape, repeat.
- Place chicken on top of each serving of rice and sprinkle with basil leaves.