Pancetta and Sundried Tomato Chicken Cutlets
Here comes springtime! La Primavera! Perfect for your celebratory Easter or spring feast. This recipe incorporates classic and professional technique including the use of a unique roux that calls for white wine...and Chef Richie says, "The better the wine, the better the dish,” and pounded, breaded chicken cutlets, always a crowd pleaser. If you home chefs prefer, either have your butcher pound the cutlets for you, or simply slice the chicken breasts thin, or use another kind of poultry or meat...almost anything will work if you give it enough time, attention and care.
Bella Products Used:
For the sauce
- 1 tsp Bella Sun Luci California Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 oz pancetta cut into ¼ inch pieces
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 cup Sauvignon Blanc wine
- 2 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1-8.5 ounce jar Bella Sun Luci Julienne Sun Dried Tomatoes (drained, oil reserved)
- 2 tbsp cold butter
For the chicken
- 1 cup flour
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp whole milk
- 3 cups Italian style panko breadcrumbs
- 4 chicken cutlets pounded thin
- ½ cup Bella Sun Luci California Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 8 slices Munster cheese
- Put Bella Sun Luci California Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil and pancetta in a saucepan over medium heat, cook until crispy then remove.
- Add flour and 2 tablespoons of butter to the pan and cook for 3 minutes stirring constantly.
- Turn heat to medium high and add wine, cook until it’s reduced by half.
- Add chicken broth and Bella Sun Luci Julienne Sun Dried Tomatoes. Cook until the sauce is just under the thickness you desire.
- Turn off the heat, add in pancetta then whisk in remaining butter, 1 tablespoon at a time, this will finish thickening the sauce.
- If the sauce gets to thick just whisk in a little chicken broth.While the sauce is cooking put: flour, all spices and parsley in a bowl then mix thoroughly.
- In another bowl beat eggs and milk together.
- Put breadcrumbs in a third bowl.
- Dredge each piece of chicken in flour, then egg mixture, then breadcrumbs and set aside.
- In a 10 inch frying pan over medium-high heat put Bella Sun Luci California Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil and reserved oil from Bella Sun Luci Julienne Sun Dried Tomatoes.
- Once oil is hot cook 2 pieces of chicken at a time until brown and crispy.
- Place them on a baking sheet lined with a wire rack, place 2 pieces of Munster cheese on each and cook them in a 400 degree oven until the cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven, divide sauce between all 4 pieces and serve.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Note: This dish goes great on top of Spaghetti Aglio e Olio made with Bella Sun Luci California Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil