Pancetta and Sundried Tomato Chicken Cutlets
For the sauce
- 1 tsp Bella Sun Luci California Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 oz pancetta cut into ¼ inch pieces
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 cup Sauvignon Blanc wine
- 2 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1-8.5 ounce jar Bella Sun Luci Julienne Sun Dried Tomatoes (drained, oil reserved)
- 2 tbsp cold butter
For the chicken
- 1 cup flour
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp whole milk
- 3 cups Italian style panko breadcrumbs
- 4 chicken cutlets pounded thin
- ½ cup Bella Sun Luci California Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 8 slices Munster cheese
- Put Bella Sun Luci California Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil and pancetta in a saucepan over medium heat, cook until crispy then remove.
- Add flour and 2 tablespoons of butter to the pan and cook for 3 minutes stirring constantly.
- Turn heat to medium high and add wine, cook until it’s reduced by half.
- Add chicken broth and Bella Sun Luci Julienne Sun Dried Tomatoes. Cook until the sauce is just under the thickness you desire.
- Turn off the heat, add in pancetta then whisk in remaining butter, 1 tablespoon at a time, this will finish thickening the sauce.
- If the sauce gets to thick just whisk in a little chicken broth.While the sauce is cooking put: flour, all spices and parsley in a bowl then mix thoroughly.
- In another bowl beat eggs and milk together.
- Put breadcrumbs in a third bowl.
- Dredge each piece of chicken in flour, then egg mixture, then breadcrumbs and set aside.
- In a 10 inch frying pan over medium-high heat put Bella Sun Luci California Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil and reserved oil from Bella Sun Luci Julienne Sun Dried Tomatoes.
- Once oil is hot cook 2 pieces of chicken at a time until brown and crispy.
- Place them on a baking sheet lined with a wire rack, place 2 pieces of Munster cheese on each and cook them in a 400 degree oven until the cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven, divide sauce between all 4 pieces and serve.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Note: This dish goes great on top of Spaghetti Aglio e Olio made with Bella Sun Luci California Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil