Italian Chicken Cutlets with Harvest Grains and Sun Dried Tomatoes
Congratulations to the April 2018 honorable mention recipe submitted by Chef Joanne Schmidt
A colorful medley of ingredients are brought together to give this warm harvest bowl a mix of Mediterranean flavor. This bowl is full of hearty chicken and ancient grains topped with creamy feta bites. The fragrant garlic and bright green spinach add a handful of flavor to each bite making it a simple way to add veggies into your meal. Selecting high quality extra virgin olive oil makes all the difference in this dish as we say, “Only the best dishes are made from quality ingredients”. Be sure to use an extra virgin olive oil for a silky buttery flavor to bring the best flavor to your dish.
Total Cook Time: 30 minutes
Bella Products Used:
- 1½ lbs thinly sliced chicken cutlets
- 4 c chicken stock
- 1 tbsp fresh basil, chiffonade
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano
- 1 c feta, chopped
- 1 c manzanilla olives
- 1 bag spinach
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp Italian seasoning
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tbsp Bella Sun Luci Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 8 oz harvest grains blend (Isareli-style couscous, orzo, garbonzo beans, or red orzo)
- 1 8 oz jar Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Julienne Cut Tomatoes in Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper chicken, bake at 500 degrees for 20 mins.
- Cook harvest grains blend according to package directions with chicken broth as liquid.
- Add olive oil and cooked chicken to large fry pan at medium heat.
- Add garlic second, make sure to not over cook the garlic as it will become bitter.
- Add olives and grains, mix. Add spinach.
- While spinach still looks raw, add sun dried tomatoes, the spinach will continue to cook.
- Add feta cheese, basil, and oregano.
- Stir all together under low heat until thoroughly heated through and serve!