Mushroom and Tomato Stuffed Chicken
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 6oz fresh Mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1/2 jar of 8.5oz Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Tomato Halves in Olive Oil, drained but reserve oil for later
- 1 cup cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 1 tablespoon Bella Sun Luci Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 sprig of Rosemary, de-stemmed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 3 cloves fresh garlic
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350° F and lightly grease a baking sheet with non-stick spray.
- Cut chicken breasts in half horizontally, place in a large ziplock freezer bag or between two pieces of plastic wrap, and pound chicken to about 1/4 inch thick (the bottom of a large mason jar is a good pounding tool). Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a medium pan over medium-heat and sauté mushrooms and rosemary until mushrooms are softened and browned, about 4-6 minutes.
- In a food processor, place the contents of the sauté pan (including juices), kalamata olives, 5-6 sun dried tomato halves, 2 tablespoons of oil from the sun dried tomato jar, oregano, basil and garlic. Pulse for 10 seconds or until mixture is smooth.
- Speed the chicken breasts out and spoon 1 tablespoon of the sun dried tomato mixture on the top, layer with a piece of mozzarella and roll the chicken into itself. Place the roll onto a baking sheet (seam side down) and top with another slice of mozzarella, the remaining sun dried tomato mixture and one sun dried tomato half.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 6-8 minutes before serving.