Chicken with Sun Dried Tomatoes, Artichokes, Mushrooms and More
This Mediterranean dish has deep roots in the cuisines history. Succulent chicken served alongside flavorful mushrooms, artichokes hearts, and Bella Sun Luci sun dried tomatoes. We prefer to use fresh artichoke hearts from your local market, but the ingredient can be substituted for the convenience of jarred ones. This meal is an essential recipe in any chef’s repertoire. Using fresh orange juice squeezed from oranges gathered in our families orange grove and amber colored honey. Be sure to keep this recipe noted for any evening meal.
Bella Products Used:
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 3 tbsp Bella Sun Luci Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper to season each side of the chicken
- 4 tbsp butter
- ¼ tsp crushed garlic
- ½ cup chopped green onion
- 2 cups sliced cremini mushrooms
- ¼ cup Marsala wine
- Juice of half a lemon
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp crushed red pepper
- 3 tbsp capers
- 1 14 oz can water packed artichoke heart quarters, drained
- 1 8.5 oz jar Bella Sun Luci Sun dried Tomato Halves, cut in half
- ¾ cup low sodium chicken broth
- ¾ cup orange juice
- 2 tbsp. honey
- ¼ cup minced fresh basil
- ¼ cup minced fresh Italian parsley
- 3 tbsp Bella Sun Luci Sun dried Tomato Pesto Sauce
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet.
- Season the chicken on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Put the chicken in the hot oil and brown on both sides. (Approx. 3-5 minutes per side.)
- After the chicken is golden brown on both sides, remove to a platter.
- Lower the heat, and add the butter, green onions, and garlic. Cook for about 30 seconds, loosening any brown bits.
- Add the mushrooms and cook until soft.
- Add the Marsala wine and lemon juice scrapping the bottom of the skillet.
- Add the salt, and red pepper flakes.
- Put the chicken back into the skillet along with the artichoke hearts, capers, and Bella Sun Luci Sun dried Tomato Halves, cut in half.
- Combine the chicken broth, orange juice and honey. Add this liquid to the skillet, and simmer for about 15 minutes, until the liquid reduces by half.
- Blend in the Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Tomato Pesto Sauce.
- Add the basil and parsley on top.