- Shrimp and “Zoodle” Pappardelle with Bella Cream Sauce and Tomato Breadcrumbs
Shrimp and “Zoodle” Pappardelle with Bella Cream Sauce and Tomato Breadcrumbs
For the breadcrumbs:
- 1/3-Cup plain panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 2 tablespoons Bella Sun Luci Julienne Cut Sun Dried Tomatoes with Italian Herbs
- 1 Clove garlic
- 1/8-teaspoon salt
- 1-tablespoon butter, melted
For the zucchini pappardelle and shrimp:
- 10 ounces large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Bella Sun Luci olive oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 4 small (or 2 large) zucchini, ends trimmed
- 2 tablespoons Bella Sun Luci Julienne Cut Sun Dried Tomatoes with Italian Herbs, roughly chopped
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 small lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely minced
To make the breadcrumbs:
- In a food processor, combine panko, sun dried tomatoes, garlic, salt, and process until mixture resembles coarse sand (20-30 seconds).
- Add melted butter and pulse briefly to coat crumbs.
- In a large, dry sauté pan over medium heat, toast breadcrumb mixture for 5-6 minutes until golden and crispy, stirring often.
- Remove from pan.
- Set-aside until ready to serve.
To Make Zucchini Pappardelle and Shimp:
- Season shrimp with 1/4-teaspoon salt and pepper.
- In a large sauté pan on medium-high with 1-tablespoon olive oil, sear shrimp on both sides for 1-2 minutes or until just opaque.
- Add garlic to pan. Sauté for 1 additional minute.
- Remove cooked shrimp from pan and set aside.
- Using a flat vegetable peeler, slice long, wide Pappardelle-shaped "zoodles" from each zucchini, discarding the center when the seeds are visible in the noodles.
- Heat large sauté pan with remaining olive oil.
- Sauté zucchini Pappardelle for 3 minutes on medium heat.
- Add the sun-dried tomatoes, tossing to combine.
To create the sauce:
- Add cream cheese, lemon juice, and 1/4-teaspoon salt.
- Gently toss until cheese melts into a sauce.
- Stir in reserved shrimp and sauté for 1-2 minutes or until just heated through.
- Divide between 2 large bowls, garnish with parsley, and sprinkle with crispy breadcrumbs.
- Makes 2 large portions.