Tomato & Artichoke Chicken Pasta
I like to call this 'Cucina della Nonna"...grandma's cooking. First, Bella Sun Luci Tomato-Artichoke Pasta Sauce tastes like an Italian grandma made it. Add a perfectly roasted chicken cut up into pieces, a pound of al dente spaghetti (or any excellent quality pasta shape), then the cacciatore-style vegetables and you'll have a meal that will transport you to the old world, to grandma's dining room table, her in her apron, serving big platters of steaming hot delicious food.
- Bella Sun Luci Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ yellow onion, chopped
- 10 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 6 oz black olives, drained and sliced
- ½ tbsp salt
- ½ tbsp pepper
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- Bella Sun Luci Tomato Artichoke Pasta Sauce
- 4 boneless chicken breast, or cut of your choice
- 1 lb pasta
- Roast your chicken, remove from oven and let rest 20-30 minutes before cutting into pieces.
- Chop the onion and get a large saute pan hot.
- Boil salted water and add the pasta. Note: The sauce will take 10-12 minutes so time the pasta accordingly.
- Add the onion to the pan with the oil over a high flame and saute 3 minutes/until slightly translucent.
- Slice then add the mushrooms and saute 3-4 minutes.
- Slice and add the olives, add the salt and pepper, chop and add the garlic and saute 1 minute. Add the sauce, then the chicken and saute 1 minute.
- Strain then add the pasta to the pan, turn off the flame, stir well, serve and garnish with basil.