Sun Dried Tomato Basil Bisque
We love warm tomato bisque during the cold winter weather. Try our sun dried tomato bisque featuring our rich tomato artichoke pasta sauce and Italian basil sun dried tomatoes. Our creamy sun dried tomato soup topped with toasted bread and cheesy Gruyere is sure to cure any winter blues.
Total Cook Time: 45 minutes
Serves: 4 people as a bowl, or about 6 as a cup
Bella Products Used:
Ingredients and directions for the croutons
- ½ small sourdough or French baguette, cut into large croutons
- ¼ cup Bella Sun Luci extra virgin olive oil, or other brand
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F, place the croutons on a baking pan and drizzle them with the olive oil and toast to golden brown, 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
Ingredients for the bisque
- 1 25-ounce jar Bella Sun Luci Tomato-Artichoke Pasta Sauce (Or substitute a 25-28 oz jar or can of your favorite sauce, or whole peeled tomatoes)
- 1 pint heavy or whipping cream
- ½ cup Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried tomatoes Italian Basil, dry pack
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ⅓ cup shredded Gruyere cheese (or Emmentaler, Swiss, or cheddar-Gruyere blend) for finishing
- Position the oven’s racks to fit a pan with soup bowls/cups on the bottom rack. Turn the broiler on to preheat.
- Combine all of the bisque ingredients, except the cheese, in a heavy bottom sauce pan, bring to a light boil over a high flame stirring often, turn to a light simmer, simmer 2 minutes stirring often and turn off flame.
- Transfer soup mixture into a food processor and pulse until smooth.
- Equally distribute into soup bowls or cups, top generously with croutons and then cheese, place onto a baking sheet and broil 1-3 minutes (check after each minute), until the cheese-crouton topping is golden brown.