Sun Dried Tomato Deviled Eggs
Five ingredients that make one of everybody's favorite foods on the planet. Perfect for every springtime family celebration, or any time of year, this recipe is made more elegant and flavorful with the addition of our Bella Sun Luci sun dried tomatoes.
First I make sure that I mess up peeling several of the eggs, this is not a stretch, somehow it seems to happen all by itself! Then, after I've set aside the perfect whites and made the filling, I fill the perfect ones, put them on a platter or in a tub, cover it and get it into the fridge and then I sit down with the rest...the broken whites and the remaining filling, and I eat it all up to my heart's content. It's good being the chef! THIS is why they're called 'deviled eggs'...because of us devilish chefs!
- 6 eggs, hard boiled and peeled
- ¼ cup mayonnaise (homemade is preferred)
- ¼ cup goat cheese
- ¼ cup finely diced & drained Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Tomatoes in Olive Oil Julienne Cut
- 1 Tbsp finely cut chives
- Serves 6
- Slice the eggs in half - reserve whites.
- Remove yolk.
- In a bowl, mix yolk, mayonnaise and goat cheese.
- Salt & pepper to taste.
- Continue to mix contents until desired texture is achieved.
- Add ½ of tomatoes and ½ of the chives while continuing to mix.
- Place the mixture into a pastry piping bag with ½ inch diameter star tip.
- Pipe the filling into the egg whites.
- Sprinkle the filled eggs with the remaining tomatoes and chives.