A perfected pasta with a light red sauce and juicy prawns wrapped up in pappardelle pasta. The red wine triggers a release of flavors in the sauce making every ingredient more intense. The silky cream sauce carries a touch of heat from chipotle peppers and robust sweet flavors from our sun dried tomatoes. A dish so simple it can be thrown together using everyday pantry samples.
Total Cook Time: 15 minutes
Bella Products Used:
- 1lb pappardelle pasta
- 1 tbsp Bella Sun Luci Olive Oil
- 4 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp whole dry oregano
- ¼ c dry red wine
- ½ lb prawns
- 15 oz canned crushed tomatoes
- 1 8.5 oz Bella Sun Luci Chipotle Sauce & Topper
- 1 c heavy cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Freshly grated Parmesan for garnish
- Fresh basil leaves, chiffonade, for garnish
- Prepare the pasta as recommended on the package.
- In a large skillet add olive oil, garlic, and oregano over medium to high heat until garlic is fragrant.
- Drop the heat to just medium and add in the red wine, prawns, crushed tomatoes, and chipotle sauce. Stir until well combined and let sit for
- Add heavy cream incorporating to sauce in pan slowly. Salt and pepper sauce to taste.
- Add in the cooked pasta to the sauce and toss to coat.
- Serve warm and garnish with basil and parmesan cheese.