Chipotle Chicken and Corn Enchiladas
"For this contest, I wanted to create a recipe that was simple with Mediterranean roots while adding my own spin of Mexican & Southwest influences using Sun Dried Tomatoes. Once I tasted the Sun Dried Tomato Chipotle Topper and Sauce I was drawn to the wonderful sweetness from the tomatoes, the highlights of smoky flavors and the hint of spiciness from chipotle peppers. Keeping the dish “simple”, I came up with Chipotle Chicken and Corn Enchiladas. Instead of using a traditional enchilada sauce, I created a Chipotle Red Sauce using Sun Dried Tomato Chipotle Topper and Sauce. For the enchilada filling, I used Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Tomatoes Julienne Cut with Zesty Peppers to add a nice zest along with chicken, corn, cream cheese, cheeses and spices then wrapped it in a corn tortilla. To complete the dish, I topped the enchiladas with the Chipotle Red Sauce, cheese, cilantro and green onion. A perfect family meal to start your own memories."
- Robbin Wagner, Second Place Winning Recipe in the 2020 Bella Sun Luci Annual Recipe Contest
Total Cook Time: 45 minutes
Bella Products Used:
- 2 cups cooked chicken breasts, shredded
- 1- 15.24 ounce can whole kernel corn, drained
- ½ cup Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Tomatoes Julienne Cut with Zesty Peppers, diced
- 1-8 ounce cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup cilantro, finely chopped (reserve 2 tablespoons for garnish)
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¾ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ lime juiced
- 1 cup Colby Jack cheese, shredded (reserve ½ cup for topping)
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded (reserve ½ cup for topping)
- 2 tbsp green onion, chopped
- ¾ cups sour cream, optional
- 1 lime cut into wedges, optional
- 12 corn tortillas
Chipotle Red Sauce
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Tomato Chipotle Topper Sauce
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Chipotle Red Sauce instructions:
- Place the flour and oil in a medium size sauce pan under medium heat.
- Whisk and cook the mixture until it starts to boil, then cook another minute or two to remove the flour taste.
- Whisk in the chili powder, cumin, garlic, onion powder, and salt until blended.
- While still whisking, add one cup of Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Tomato Chipotle Topper Sauce and chicken broth to the pan.
- Bring to a boil then reduce the heat to low and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes or until slightly thickened. Set aside.
Chicken filling instructions:
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, 2 tablespoons cilantro, chili powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and lime juice until well combined.
- Add chicken, corn, diced Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Tomatoes Julienne Cut with Zesty Peppers, and ½ cup each Colby jack and Monterey jack cheese until combined.
- Spray 13x9 inch baking pan with non-stick spray.
- Spread ½ cup of enchilada sauce onto the bottom of the pan. Place ¼ - ⅓ cups of the chicken filling on top each tortilla.
- Roll the corn tortilla up and place in the baking pan seam side down. Repeat for the remaining 11 tortillas.
- Top the rolled enchiladas with the remaining enchilada sauce, and ½ each of Colby jack and Monterey jack cheeses.
- Bake at 400 degrees, uncovered for about 20 minutes or until bubbly.
Before serving, garnish with 2 tablespoons each of cilantro and green onion. Serve with sour cream and lime wedges, optional.