Honey Walnut Prawn Sun Dried Tomato Caprese Skewer
I hope you make this dish at home, wherever you live, using whatever local ingredients are available to you. Feel free to substitute any of your own favorite, seasonal ingredients. After all, again, YOU’RE the chef!
For a special occasion or just for fun, I hope you and your guests have a delicious experience with this recipe!
Happy cooking and Happy New Year!
Total Cook Time: 30 minutes
Bella Products Used:
- 8 medium length bamboo skewers
- 1 tbsp Bella Sun Luci Extra Virgin Olive Oil, separated into 3 tsp
- 8 jumbo prawns
- 2 oz pappardelle pasta
- 8 Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Tomato Halves in Extra Virgin Olive Oil, reserve oil for future dish
- ½ c Chandler walnut halves
- ½ c honey
- 1 tbsp water
- ¼ c granulated sugar
- 8 mozzarella ciliegine in water, well drained
- 8 large fresh basil leaves
- 8 oz burrata cheese, well drained
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Balsamic and chili flakes for garnish optional
- Cook the pasta according to the package’s directions, strain, turn onto a sheet pan, add 1 tsp of the oil, mix around to coat, set aside and let cool to room temp.
- Bring ¼ c honey and water to boil add walnuts and simmer 1 minute.
- Strain walnuts from honey mixture and toss to coat in sugar.
- Roast jumbo prawns with salt, pepper and 1 tsp of the oil. Remove from pan and toss in honey.
- Mix burrata, olive oil, and 1 tsp of honey together and set aside.
- Get the mozzarella and sun dried tomatoes ready, next to all of the ingredients you’ve prepped arranged into an assembly line.
- Spoon 8 equal amounts of the burrata mixture into the bottoms of the cups or bowls.
- kewer beginning with the folded basil leaf, sun dried tomato, mozzarella, prawn, a long pasta strand (you may end up needing 1 ½ or 2 strands per skewer), and a candied walnut. Repeat.
- Place skewers into the burrata in each cup or bowl and serve.
- Garnish dish with a drizzle of fine balsamic, a dash of chili if preferred.