Lemon Rosemary Olive Oil Cake
Italian style. Elegance. Balance. Sweet and savory at the same time. If the lemons are from your tree...the rosemary from your garden, it's even more Italian. In fact, I think that if you bake this cake, you can apply for honorary Italian citizenry. An Italian grandma would be proud of you for baking this cake.
- Cooking Spray
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1.5 tbsp finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1.5 cups granulated sugar
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ cup fat-free milk
- ½ tsp grated lemon rind
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp lemon extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- Optional: Fresh rosemary sprig
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. (If using glass reduce temperature by 25 degrees)
- Coat a 10-inch tube pan with cooking spray; dust with 2 tablespoons flour.
- Weigh or lightly spoon 13.5 ounces flour (about 3 cups) into dry measuring cups; level with a knife.
- Combine flour and next 4 ingredients (through salt) in a large bowl.
- Place granulated sugar and next 7 ingredients (through eggs) in a medium bowl; beat with mixer at low speed 2 minutes or until smooth.
- Add to flour mixture; beat until blended.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 15 minutes on a wire rack, and remove from pan.
- Cool completely on a wire rack, and remove from pan.
- Combine powdered sugar and 1 tablespoon lemon juice, stirring until smooth.
- Drizzle sugar mixture over cake.
- Garnish with rosemary sprig, if desired.