Lemon Rosemary Olive Oil Cake
- Cooking Spray
- 2 Tablespoons all purpose flour
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1.5 Tablespoons finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 Teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 1.5 Cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 Cup olive oil
- 1/2 Cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 Teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1/4 Cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 Teaspoon lemon extract
- 3 Large eggs
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Optional: Fresh rosemary sprig
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- Serves 16
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. (If using glass reduce temperature by 25 degrees)
- Coat a 10-inch tube pan with cooking spray; dust with 2 tablespoons flour.
- Weigh or lightly spoon 13.5 ounces flour (about 3 cups) into dry measuring cups; level with a knife.
- Combine flour and next 4 ingredients (through salt) in a large bowl.
- Place granulated sugar and next 7 ingredients (through eggs) in a medium bowl; beat with mixer at low speed 2 minutes or until smooth.
- Add to flour mixture; beat until blended.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 15 minutes on a wire rack, and remove from pan.
- Cool completely on a wire rack, and remove from pan.
- Combine powdered sugar and 1 tablespoon lemon juice, stirring until smooth.
- Drizzle sugar mixture over cake.
- Garnish with rosemary sprig, if desired.