Mediterranean Chicken Roulade
If you want to transform the kitchen in your house into a restaurant for your family and friends, this dish is the perfect start. When your guests see the love and effort you put into this culinary work of art and then when they taste it, you can bet your bottom dollar they'll be VOLUNTEERING to wash the dishes, pots and pans. With this as one of your signature dishes, you'll be on the path to the culinary king or queen-dom.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ cup Bella Sun Luci California Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup Bella Sun Luci Sun-dried Tomato Pesto Sauce with Whole Pine Nuts
- 4 slices thinly sliced smoked provolone cheese
- 4 slices prosciutto
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- ½ cup Italian style bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp fresh-grated Parmesan cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees and spray a 9 x 13 pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pound chicken breasts between two sheets of waxed paper until about ¼ inch and pliable. Rub both sides of chicken with olive oil reserving 1 tablespoon and season with salt and pepper.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Tomato Pesto Sauce with whole pine nuts onto each flattened breast. Layer the sliced smoked provolone and prosciutto over the pesto sauce and roll the chicken breasts tucking under the ends.
- Rub roulades with mayonnaise.
- Add 1 tablespoon reserved olive oil and Parmesan cheese to breadcrumbs.
- Roll roulades gently in bread crumb mixture and place them seam side down in prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes and serve hot.