October means a lot to us at Mooney Farms. It’s the end of tomatoes and their summer brothers and sisters. The harvest moon and the cornucopia. Autumn squashes, Halloween, the Great Pumpkin and root vegetables are coming in. There are some recipes, including this one, that lend themselves to your interpretation and the ingredients you have on hand. There are times such as these that you may have troubling finding certain ingredients in your local supermarket, such as rutabaga. But there are valid, delicious substitutes for many ingredients and for rutabagas you can use turnips, different color carrots, celery root or any favorite vegetable. Autumn greens like kale, chard, or spinach would also substitute well here.
- 1 8.5 oz jar Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Tomato Bruschetta
- 1 pound Italian Sausage
- 1 large rutabaga, spiralized
- 1 large onion sliced into strips
- 4 garlic cloves chopped
- 8 oz mushrooms sliced
- 2 carrots grated
- 1 large zucchini, spiralized
- ¼ cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup powdered Parmesan and Romano cheese
- 1 tbsp roasted garlic and herb seasoning
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 2 tbsp Bella Sun Luci Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- On high heat, add olive oil to pan, add sausage and brown, drain, and set aside.
- Brown onions, garlic, and mushrooms.
- Add carrot, zucchini, and rutabaga.
- Stir in seasonings.
- Add Italian Sausage back.
- Cook on medium high until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Tomato Bruschetta.
- Stir in both cheeses.
- Serve with crusty garlic bread