- Cucumber, Prosciutto, Provalone and Roasted Tomato Canapes
Cucumber, Prosciutto, Provalone and Roasted Tomato Canapes
- 1 hothouse (English) cucumber, sliced as pictured (you may semi-peel it for presentation purposes)
- Several slices of provolone cheese, cut to about 1-inch squares
- Several slices of prosciutto, cut to about 3/4-inch squares
- 1 basket cherry tomatoes
- 1 TB Bella Sun Luci Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 sourdough baguette
- Salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 package skewer sticks or chopsticks
- Slice the baguette LAST. It’s simply bread…no oil or anything to preserve it, so keep it as fresh as possible before and after slicing and serving.
- Roast the tomatoes, seasoned with the olive oil, salt and pepper at 375 for 10 minutes. Remove to a plate to cool.
- Wrap the prosciutto in the cheese and skewer it to the bread, topped with the cucumber as shown.
- Balance a cherry tomato strategically on each canapé.
- You can use roasted vegetables (carrots…potatoes…beets…) instead of prosciutto to make this dish vegetarian. You may also want to use different meat instead of the prosciutto (rotisserie chicken…sliced turkey…crisp bacon…)