Tender, juicy pork chops with unforgettable flavor that made our tasting panel savor each bite. This dish incorporated two of our premium products including our almond risotto with cranberries. Its mix of tender sun dried tomatoes and sweet figs cascading down the pork chops for an impressive presentation and all topped on a nutty risotto made this dish a winner.
Total Cook Time: 45 minutes
Bella Products Used:
- 4 cups apple juice
- ⅓ cup coarse salt
- ½ cup Bella Sun Luci sun dried tomato halves, julienned
- ⅔ cup dried yellow figs ( about 10-12) halved
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 4 thick cut pork chops
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup Bella Sun Luci Cranberry Almond Risotto
- ½ cup white wine
- 3 tbsp very cold butter cut into 12 pieces
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tsp chopped basil
- Heat the apple juice and the salt stirring until the salt dissolves. Allow the brine to cool to room temperature. In a large container pour the brine to cover the sun dried tomatoes, figs, garlic and pork chops and allow it to marinate for 1-4 hours. (If there's not enough brine to completely immerse the chops, add more apple juice).
- Cook the risotto and chicken stock according to the instructions on the container.
- Remove the chops from the brine and pour the brine through a sieve to drain well the sun dried tomatoes, figs and garlic.
- Rinse and pat dry the chops and grill or broil them. Do not overcook, pulling them when they reach a maximum of 145 degrees. Allow them to rest for about 5 minutes.
- In a small sauce pan add the wine to the reserved sun dried tomatoes, figs and garlic and simmer for just a few minutes, stirring as needed. Add any juices that have collected from the rested chops. Remove the pan from the heat and mount the sauce by stirring in the cold butter until it melts. Stir in the lemon zest and basil.
- To plate top the risotto with a chop and spoon the sauce over it. Garnish if desired with lemon slices and a sprig of basil.