- Macaroni and Cheese Au Gratin with Basil Flavored Sun Dried Tomatoes
Macaroni and Cheese Au Gratin with Basil Flavored Sun Dried Tomatoes
- 1 pound elbow macaroni, or any favorite pasta
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 8 oz shredded Italian cheese blend (any combination of mozzarella, provolone, asiago, parmesan, etc)
- 1 3.5 oz bag Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Tomatoes with Italian Basil
- 1 cup Italian (fine) breadcrumbs
- 1 TB Italian Seasoning
- 2 TB (1 oz) Bella Sun Luci Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Cook the pasta 2 minutes less than the package directions say.
- In the meantime, heat the cream on the stove until it just begins to boil then add the sun dried tomatoes, cheese, salt and pepper.
- Add the cooked pasta to the cream and cheese mixture and stir well.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the breadcrumbs, Italian Seasoning and olive oil.
- Turn into several single serving soufflé dishes, avalons or ramekins, or into one large casserole dish.
- Top with the breadcrumb mixture.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until the breadcrumbs are golden brown.