Sun Dried Tomato Italian Basil Macaroni
Uh oh. Are you sitting down? You shouldn't be. You should be running a 10K race and burning 5,000 calories before (and/or after) you dig into this, "Richest Dish in the History of the World". Thank goodness for the sole nutritionally redeeming quality, the sun dried tomatoes with their antioxidant-rich characteristics including basil and touch of olive oil. Otherwise you might as well, yes, add bacon because nothing can make this dish more over the top than it already is. Maybe make it for a large group so everybody gets a small portion?!
- 1 Quart heavy whipping cream
- 16 oz sharp cheddar cheese
- 16 oz macaroni noodles
- 1 3 oz bag Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Tomatoes Julienne Cut with Italian Basil
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- Preheat the oven to 450°.
- Cook macaroni according to package instructions.
- Over medium heat, bring the whipping cream to a simmer.
- Stir in the cheddar until it melts into the cream then stir in the sun dried tomatoes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the macaroni to the cream mixture and transfer to a 9" X 13" baking dish.
- Top with breadcrumbs and parmesan then bake for 4-6 minutes, or until golden brown on top.