Garbanzo Bean Salad
Crunchy, chewy, light and mediterranean, I think of this crowd pleasing salad as a blank slate. Always remember, you're the chef! So if you want to, substitute white beans for the garbanzos, red peppers for the green, or any ingredients that are in YOUR pantry and on YOUR shopping list.
- 2 - 15.5 ounce cans Garbanzo Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup Artichoke heart pieces, drained and rinsed
- 1 Green Pepper, remove core and seeds then cut into 1/2” cubes
- 1 bunch Celery, remove leaves and base, slice into 1/3 – ½” thick pieces
- 1 - 8.5oz Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Julienne tomatoes in oil, drain oil and reserve for vinaigrette
- 1 med or ½ large red onion sliced thinly and cut into bite size pieces
- ½ cup flat leaf parsley, stems removed, leaving leaves whole
- Vinaigrette Ingredients:
- ¼ cup Rice Vinegar
- Reserved oil from jar plus 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Combine all salad ingredients except the oil in large bowl.
- Use a fork or small whisk to mix vinegar, oils and garlic together thoroughly. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour Vinaigrette over salad and toss to coat evenly.