Summer Salmon Cakes with Lime Aioli
Here's a creative, colorful, summery, versatile and deliciously latino-flavored appetizer...or main course. Our new Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Tomato Chipotle Sauce would be an excellent substitute for the chile chipotle, giving you added sweet and smokey tomato flavor! You'll taste the difference!
- 8 oz cleaned Salmon filet (two 4 oz pieces), deboned-skin off
- ¾ cup corn, fresh cut off the cob if possible
- ½ cup zucchini, seed section removed, small dice
- ½ cup panko or other breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp chile chipotle puree/paste
- 3 tbsp Bella Sun Luci Arbequina extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- parsley and/or celery leaves for garnish
- ¼ cup mayonnaise, homemade if possible
- 1 small-medium clove garlic, finely minced
- juice of ½ lime
- Beat the egg with the chile chipotle and spices, set aside.
- Season the Salmon and bake or sauté in the 1TB olive oil at 450 to golden on both sides and just cooked inside.
- Let rest on the counter to room temp, about 20 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, break up/flake the fish into small pieces and add all but the last three ingredients; add the egg mixture last and mix well.
- Taste and adjust with salt and pepper.
- Hand-form into 12-16 cakes.
- In a non-stick pan over a medium/medium-high flame, gently sauté the cakes in the remaining two tbsp olive oil until crisp outside and hot inside.
- Combine the last 3 ingredients for the aioli.
- Serve hot with the leafy garnish and the aioli on the side.