Sun Dried Tomato Chipotle Queso Dip
A queso dip so great you can’t keep your chips out of it! Bring bold southwest flavor and Mediterranean cuisine together with creamy cheeses, sun dried tomato chipotle sauce, and fresh herbs. For a vegetarian option omit the chorizo, but we suggest adding in bell pepper to still give the dip a more substantial. We encourage you to play around with the flavors too, the recipe is very forgiving and allows for creative combinations. Serve along side tortilla chips or used as a topping for a taco bowl.
Total Cook Time: 30 minutes
Bella Products Used:
- ½ tsp Bella Sun Luci Olive Oil
- ½ c white onion, diced
- ½ lb bulk chorizo
- 2 tbsp Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Chipotle Topper
- 8 oz shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 8 oz shredded cheddar
- ½ c heavy cream, can be substituted with half and half
- Fresh Cilantro for garnish, chopped
- Green Chilies, diced (optional for an added kick of heat)
1. In a skillet on high heat, heat the olive oil. Add the chorizo to pan and cook throughly, then add in the onion and cook until translucent.
2. Turn the heat to low, add the sun dried tomato chipotle topper sauce, stir to combine then immediately add the cheeses and cream. Stir to incorporate until smooth (add the green chiles here if you would like to).
3. Garnish with cilantro and serve with tortilla chips.