Sun Dried Tomato Italian Sushi
The well known versatile summer squash is wrapped raw around aromatic basil, sweet sun dried tomatoes, and creamy cheese. The smooth cream cheese compliments the freshest notes from the crisp zucchini and robust bite of sun dried tomatoes sprinkled throughout the roll. For excellent mild flavor select a smaller deeper green colored zucchini to to insure firm texture with little to no seeds. We love preparing this dish as a refreshing after school snack or a unique appetizer for dinner guests.
Total Cook Time: 15 minutes
Gluten Free Vegetarian
Bella Product Used:
- ¼ c Sun Dried Tomatoes Italian Basil, finely diced
- 1 large zucchini
- 1 c softened cream cream
- 10 leaves of fresh basil, finely chopped
- Peel zucchini into long wide thin strips. Pat dry with towel to remove excess moisture.
- On a clean work surface lay each zucchini strip out. Working in batches layer cream cream, diced sun dried tomatoes, and 3-4 pieces of finely chopped basil.
- Tightly roll up each zucchini strip. Serve immediately.