Turkey Polpette (Meatballs) with Mushroom-Bell Pepper-Sun Dried Tomato Sauce
Ingredients for the Meatballs
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 TB Bella Sun Luci sun dried tomato halves with extra virgin olive oil, oil drained and set aside, chopped fine
- 1 ounce breadcrumbs (Italian or panko)
- 1 egg
- 1 ounce heavy cream
- 2 oz grated parmesan
- 1/8 tsp chile flakes (optional)
- 1 tsp rough chopped Italian flat leaf parsley
- 1 tsp fresh (or dry) thyme (or oregano)
- Salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 TB Bella Sun Luci extra virgin olive oil
Ingredients for the sauce
- 2 TB Bella Sun Luci extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup thick-sliced mushrooms
- ½ cup roasted red bell peppers, half in small pieces, half in large pieces
- ½ cup Bella Sun Luci sun dried tomato halves in extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ tsp rough chopped Italian flat leaf parsley
- ¼ tsp fresh (or dry) thyme (or oregano)
- Salt & fresh cracked black pepper to taste
Directions for the meatballs
- Preheat the oven to 475.
- Beat the egg, stir in the cream, add the turkey then add the rest of the ingredients, except the olive oil.
- Mix very well then tightly form 1 – 1 ½ inch round-ish polpette.
- Place on a parchment paper-lined heavy sheet pan, brush/drizzle with the olive oil and bake for 8-10 minutes. Remove the pan from oven onto a rack and let rest about 5 minutes.
Directions for the sauce and finishing the dish
- In a large sauté pan on a medium-high flame, heat the oil, cook the garlic until it starts to become yellow, add the mushrooms, turn the fire to medium, cook 1-2 minutes, or until the mushrooms are soft , add the rest of the ingredients and cook 1-2 more minutes.
- Add the meatballs to the pan and heat together.Garnish with sprigs of fresh herbs.