Italian Sausage Basil Bowtie Pasta Skewer
Serve these delightful skewers as a flavorful appetizer or as part of a larger meal. The combination of the sun dried tomato pesto, Italian sausage, and fresh basil creates a delicious and satisfying bite. Feel free to adjust quantities based on the number of skewers you plan to make, and enjoy this unique and tasty dish!
Total Cook Time: 30 minutes
Bella Product Used:
- 1 jar 8.5oz Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Tomato Pesto
- 1 lb Italian sausage links
- Fresh sweet basil leaves
- 2 c bowtie pasta, cooked according to package instructions
- 24 wooden skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- Preheat a grill or pan over medium-high heat. Grill the Italian sausage links until fully cooked. Allow them to cool slightly, then cut the links into rounds. Set aside.
- Cook the bowtie pasta according to the package instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Take a wooden skewer and start by threading one end with a piece of bowtie pasta. This will be the top of the skewer. Add a fresh basil leaf, folding it if necessary to fit neatly on the skewer. Follow with a slice of grilled Italian sausage. Repeat the process with the remaining skewers.
- Spoon 24 tablespoon-sized dollops of Bella Sun Luci Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto on the base of the serving platter. Then, place each of the completed skewers on the dollop of pesto with the sausage in the pesto.
- Garnish the platter with additional fresh basil leaves for a vibrant presentation.