Sun Dried Tomato Pesto Mini Cheese Bites
These bite sized appetizers will be big hit at parties. Creamy bites of sun dried tomato pesto with a toasted outer shell made from fluffy dough. Greek yogurt has been incorporated into many wonderful Mediterranean dishes for thousands of year.
Total Cook Time: 30 minutes
Bella Products Used:
- 1 package puff pastry dough
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 2 oz plain goat cheese log
- 1/3 c plan greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese, shredded
- 2 tbsp Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Tomato Pesto with Whole Pine Nuts
- 2 tbsp Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Tomato Julienne-Cut, diced
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Fresh Thyme for Garnish
- Preheat oven to 325 and move baking rake to center position. Spray a mini muffin pan with olive oil or lightly butter then tins.
- Working on a floured surface evenly roll the puff pastry dough until thin. Using a biscuit cutter, cut out 12 2 inch circles of dough and place in a mini muffin tin to make small cup shape.
- In a medium sized bowl combine cream cheese, goat cheese, yogurt, parmesan cheese, pesto, and sun dried tomatoes then whisk together until mixed and smooth. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Place a dollop or pipe in the mixture into each pastry cup then bake for 15 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh herbs and pine nuts and serve warm.