Farro with Sausage and Sun Dried Tomatoes
Congratulations to the September 2017 honorable mention recipe, Farro with Sausage and Sun Dried Tomatoes, submitted by Chef Lee Ann Rattoballi!
- 1 jar 8.5oz Bella Sun Luci Julienne Cut Sun Dried Tomatoes in Olive Oil and Italian Herbs
- 1 lb. Sweet Italian Sausage
- 1 cup Farro
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 10 oz. baby spinach
- Splash of balsamic vinegar
- 4 oz. goat cheese
- Parmesan cheese to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Drain the sun dried tomatoes, reserving the oil.
- Brush the sausages with the oil and place on a roasting pan. Roast for 30 minutes, flipping them over halfway until cooked through.
- Prepare the farro according to package directions.
- Coat a skillet with the olive oil and sauté the onion over medium heat until translucent, 5-7 minutes.
- Add the garlic, sauté 30 seconds.
- Add the spinach and cook until just wilted.
- Add a splash of balsamic vinegar to the mixture. Mix in the sun dried tomatoes.
- Slice the sausage and add along with the farro and goat cheese and mix until combined.
- Top with Parmesan cheese and enjoy!