Seared Sea Bass with Tuscany Sun Dried Tomato Olive Relish
A culinary creation from our 2023 Recipe Contest winner, Chef Keith Collins, was awarded 3rd place for his Seared Sea Bass with Tuscany Sun Dried Tomato Olive Relish. It has an exceptional presentation and an even better taste! This dish is a harmonious symphony of flavors, where perfectly seared sea bass meets the vibrant Mediterranean notes of our sun dried tomatoes, Kalamata olives, parsely, and capers. This succulent, flaky sea bass fillet is paired with a tangy and herbaceous relish that will make any dinner guest ask for more. Elegant yet approachable, this recipe is a true celebration of fresh, high-quality ingredients and culinary expertise. Congratulations again to Chef Collins for this outstanding creation!
Bella Products Used:
Tuscany Sun Dried Tomato Olive Relish
- ⅔ cup Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Tomato Halves in Olive Oil, finely chopped
- ⅓ cup yellow bell pepper, finely diced
- ⅓ cup pitted green olives, finely diced
- ⅓ cup pitted Kalamata olives, finely diced
- ⅓ cup giardiniera, finely diced
- 2 tbsp small capers, drained
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped fresh Italian parsley, plus parsley sprigs for garnish
- 2 tbsp Bella Sun Luci Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tsp Bella Sun Luci Balsamic Vinaigrette with Sweet and Fragrant Aged
- Balsamic Vinegar
- 4 (4-5-ounce) skinless sea bass fillets or other firm white fish
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour seasoned with salt and pepper
- 4 tbsp Bella Sun Luci Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 8-ounces fresh baby spinach
- Salt and pepper to taste
- For relish, in a medium bowl, combine all ingredients and allow the relish to marinate at least one hour at room temperature to meld flavors.
- For sea bass, dredge sea bass fillets in seasoned flour. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in large frying pan over medium-high heat. Saute fillets until golden about 4 minutes per side.Remove fish from skillet; wipe skillet clean. Keep fish warm and set aside.
- In same skillet heat 2 tablespoons olive oil. Add spinach to skillet and cook until spinach is just barely wilted, about 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in ⅔ cup of the Tuscany Relish and heat through.
- To serve, place some spinach mixture in the center of each plate, then place a sea bass filet on top and top each fillet with a dollop of remaining Tuscany Relish. Garnish with parsley sprigs.