Italian Chicken with Polenta and Sun Dried Tomatoes Skillet Hot Dish
Chef Kelly Mapes skillet hot dish compliments the cooler weather autumn nights bring as fall begins. With sautéed butternut squash, portabella mushrooms, Polenta, and roasted pine nuts this dish is accompanied with robust flavors of sun dried tomatoes and sun dried tomato pesto. Delicious flavor in each bite, this skillet hot dish is perfect for a cozy night in.
Total Cook Time: 45 minutes
Bella Products Used:
- 2 tbsp whole pine nuts
- 2 tbsp olive oil from 8.5 oz. jar Bella Sun Luci Julienne Cut Sun Dried Tomatoes
- 2 c fresh or frozen diced butternut squash
- 1 c sliced baby portabella mushrooms
- 3/4 c diced shallots
- 4 c lightly packed kale, de-stemmed and torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 c diced Bella Sun Luci Julienne Cut Sun Dried Tomatoes with Olive Oil and Italian Herbs, well drained
- 3 c chopped rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 c lightly packed fresh basil, chopped
- 1 8 oz container mascarpone cheese
- 1 1/2 c tomato basil pasta sauce
- 1 tbsp balsamic glaze plus extra for drizzling, divided use
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 16 oz. tube prepared polenta, sliced into 1/2-inch slices; cut each slice into 6 wedges
- 6 tbsp Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Tomato Pesto Sauce with Whole Pine Nuts
- Fresh basil leaves for garnish, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat large oven-proof skillet over medium heat. Add pine nuts and cook, stirring constantly, until lightly golden brown, about 1 to 2 minutes; remove from skillet and set aside.
- Increase heat to medium-high and heat skillet until hot. Add olive oil, squash, mushrooms, and shallots and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Add kale and stir until wilted, about 1 minute. Remove from heat and stir in diced Bella Sun Luci Julienne Cut Sun Dried Tomatoes with Olive Oil and Italian Herbs, chicken and chopped basil.
- In medium bowl stir together mascarpone cheese, pasta sauce, 1 tbsp balsamic glaze and salt. Add to vegetable-chicken mixture in skillet and stir until thoroughly combined. Add polenta wedges and stir gently until mixed.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until heated through.
- To serve, top each serving with Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Tomato Pesto Sauce with Whole Pine Nuts. Sprinkle with pine nuts, drizzle on glaze, and garnish with basil leaves, if desired.