Sun Dried Tomato Shakshuka
Shakshuka is a hearty tomato comfort food that originates from Northern Africa. This breakfast dish explodes with flavor and is packed with protein and antioxidants. We love this dish for its bold aroma that fills the kitchen with the simmering veggies. Shakshuka incorporates many flavors of the Mediterranean diet with its use of extra virgin olive oil, sun dried tomatoes, olives, and Feta cheese, and is truly a colorful work of art!
Total Cook Time: 30 minutes
Gluten Free Vegetarian
Bella Products Used:
- 2 tbsp Bella Sun Luci California Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ cup thinly sliced yellow onion
- ½ cup matchstick-sized red bell pepper slices
- 1 jar Bella Sun Luci Tomato & Artichoke Pasta Sauce
- ½ cup Bella Sun Luci Julienne Cut Sun Dried Tomatoes in Olive Oil with Italian herbs
- ¾ tsp smoked paprika
- ¾ tsp cumin powder
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 7-8 large eggs
- Pinch of sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 3 tbsp coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- Toasted pita bread, olives, crumbed feta for serving (optional)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Heat oil in a large oven-proof skillet over medium heat; stir in onion and red bell pepper and cook 5 minutes or until softened.
- Stir in pasta sauce, sun dried tomatoes, paprika, cumin, and red pepper flakes until combined; bring to a simmer.
- Gently crack eggs into skillet on top of sauce; season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer skillet to oven and bake until eggs are just set, about 8-10 minutes.
- Remove skillet from oven and sprinkle cilantro on top.
- Serve shakshuka with pita, olives, and feta, if desired.
Makes 4 servings