Italian Chicken Cutlets with Harvest Grains and Sun Dried Tomatoes
Congratulations to the April 2018 honorable mention recipe, Italian Chicken Cutlets with Harvest Grains and Sun Dried Tomatoes, submitted by chef Joanne Schmidt!
- 1½ lbs thinly sliced chicken cutlets
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 tbsp fresh basil, chiffonade
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano
- 1 cup feta, chopped
- 1 cup manzanilla olives
- 1 bag spinach
- 1 tsp. Salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp Pinch of Italian Seasoning ( I use McCormick)
- 4 Gloves Minced Garlic
- 1 Tbs Bella Sun Luci Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 8 oz. Harvest Grains Blend ( Isareli Style Couscous, Orzo, Potby Garbonzo Beans, and Red Orzo
- 1 8 oz. Jar Bella Sun Luci Sun-Dried Julienne Cut Tomatoes in Olive Oil and Herbs
- Salt and pepper chicken, bake at 500 degrees for 20 mins.
- Cook Harvest Grains Blend according to package directions with chicken broth as liquid.
- Add 1tbs. Oil and cooked chicken to large fry pan at medium heat.
- Add garlic second, make sure to not over cook the garlic as it will become bitter.
- Add olives and grains, mix. Add spinach.
- While spinach still looks raw, add Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Tomato Julienne cut, the spinach will continue to cook.
- Add feta cheese, basil, and oregano.
- Stir all together under low heat until thoroughly heated through and serve!