Italian Style Potato Salad
This Italian take on potato salad calls for al dente potatoes tossed in with refreshing herbs, vinegar, and sun dried tomato infused extra virgin olive oil. We added ingredients like diced red onion, and sweet green olives provided the perfect offset of texture to this summertime side dish. Filled with plenty of fresh garlic and robust sun dried tomatoes we recommend enjoying this salad at room temperature. Supplement herbs for in season herbs at the height of freshness. the chef recommends wild marjoram.
Total Cook Time: 30 minutes
Gluten Free Vegetarian
Bella Products Used:
- 4 lbs red skin potatoes, chopped
- ½ cup Bella Sun Luci Julienne-Cut Sun Dried Tomatoes with Italian Basil
- ½ cup pitted black olives
- 3 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped parsley, plus extra for garnish
- ½ cup red onion, chopped
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp cider vinegar
- 4 tbsp stone ground mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
Optional: Since this recipe calls for olive oil instead of mayonnaise, you may substitue Bella Sun Luci Julienne-Cut Sun Dried Tomatoes with Italian Basil with Bella Sun Luci Julienne-Cut Sun Dried Tomatoes in Extra Virgin Olive Oil, to take advantage of the tomato infused olive oil.
- Boil the potatoes until al dente (no need to peel!)
- Put potatoes, eggs, sun dried tomatoes, olives and parsley in a large bowl.
- Whisk together remaining ingredients, pour over potatoes and stir until well mixed.
- Chill, and garnish with extra parsley before serving.