Asparagus, Olive and Sun Dried Tomato Bowties
This simple, one pot, delicious mediterranean pasta will be a colorful addition to your culinary repertorio, repertoire in Italian. Feel free to add chicken, or prawns, or leftover pot roast (remember, YOU'RE the chef!), or any additional protein to make it a complete main course item.
- 6-8 oz bowtie pasta
- Salt for the pasta water
- 1 bunch (about 1 pound) asparagus
- *Snap off and discard bottoms, cut 1½” tops, cut middles into small pieces
- 20 black olives
- ½ cup Bella Sun Luci sun dried tomatoes julienne cut
- 1 tbsp Bella Sun Luci extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prep the asparagus as noted above.
- Cook pasta as directed on package.
- 60 seconds before the pasta is done, add the asparagus to the pot.
- Drain the pasta-asparagus, put in a bowl, add the garlic and stir to heat then add the rest of the ingredients.
- Top with Parmesan cheese and serve hot.