Pasta Di Parma with Sun Dried Tomatoes and Balsamic Reduction Sauce
This is a great summer dish. Garden vegetables and chicken cooked in a rich balsamic reduction sauce create a pasta bursting with flavor! Throw in some corn cut off the cob for extra sweetness and crunch. Buon appetito!
- 16 ounces dried penne, or your favorite pasta
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2-3 chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1 yellow squash chopped into 1-inch slices
- 1 zucchini chopped into 1-inch slices
- 1 white onion, chopped into 1-inch slices
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary minced, more for garnish
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 – 8.5 ounce Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Tomato Halves in Olive Oil & Herbs
- 2-3 roasted peppers, chopped into 1-inch slices
- ¾ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup small chunks or parmesan cheese (or shredded-optional)
- Salt and Pepper
- Cook pasta according to directions.
- Melt the butter in a large sauté pan and add the chicken.
- Season chicken generously with salt and pepper.
- When the chicken is browned, add garlic, rosemary, onion, zucchini and squash.
- Sauté until onions soften and then add the tomatoes and red peppers.
- Mix all of the vegetables together.
- Add the balsamic vinegar to pan.
- Increase heat and allow the vinegar to reduce down until it coats the vegetables and sweetens.
- Mix in the pasta, and top with parmesan cheese and sprigs of rosemary.