Tomato and Pepper Stuffed Pumpkin Hand Pies
These make a perfect spooky and savory treat for Halloween! Enjoy your delicious and spooky jack-o-lantern hand pies with a sautéed ground beef and tomato-pepper sauce filling!
Total Cook Time: 45 minutes
Bella Product Used:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium-sized yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 c Bella Sun Luci Tomato and Pepper Sauce Starter
- 2 sheets of puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, beaten (for egg wash)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 375°F
- In a large skillet, add the finely diced onion to the skillet and continue to sauté until the onion is translucent and softened.
- Sauté the ground beef over medium heat, breaking it apart with a spoon, until it's browned and cooked through.
- Stir in the Tomato and Pepper Sauce Starter and allow the mixture to simmer for a few minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat and let the filling cool.
- Roll out each sheet of puff pastry on a lightly floured surface to about ¼ inch thickness.
- Using a pumpkin-shaped cookie cutter or a stencil you create, cut out pumpkin shapes from the puff pastry, making sure you have an even number of shapes as you'll be sandwiching the filling between two of them. Place half of the pumpkin shapes on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Place a spoonful of the cooled ground beef filling onto the center of each pumpkin shape on the baking sheet.
- Take the remaining pumpkin shapes and cut out a spooky jack-o-lantern face design on each one using a sharp knife or a small, clean paring knife. Be creative with your designs!
- Place the pumpkin shapes with the jack-o-lantern faces on top of the filled shapes and press the edges to seal the hand pies. Use a fork to crimp the edges for a decorative touch.
- Brush each hand pie with beaten egg using a pastry brush. This will give the pies a nice golden color when baked.
- Place the hand pies in the preheated oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until they are puffed up and golden brown.
- Let the hand pies cool for a few minutes before serving.