Smoked Salmon-Cucumber Rounds
This is simply, a cleanly, a lovely recipe. Add Bella Sun Luci sun dried tomatoes julienne cut in extra virgin olive oil with Italian herbs for a colorful and flavorful twist on this elegant classic.
- 1 English (hothouse) cucumber, peeled in a white-green stripe pattern and cut into medium-thick rounds (not too thin or it won’t hold up when topped)
- 1 package wild Alaskan smoked sockeye salmon (thin sliced nova lox style)
- 1 small (8 oz) tub Philadelphia cream cheese spread
- ½ small container chives, chopped very finely
- Spoon up a fingertip’s worth of the spread and scrape it on top of each cucumber round with a second spoon.
- Cut the slices of lox from top to bottom, making pieces about the size of the cucumber rounds. Roll these up and place each on top of the spread.
- Sprinkle the chopped chives randomly and abundantly.