Tuscan Garden Cacciatore
Rich and hearty flavors of this authentic cacciatore can be yours in minutes. We love this recipe for its effortless preparation of gourmet Italian meal. Umami flavors of mushrooms and olives blend with sweet tomatoes and tender chicken to create a true food of comfort.
Total Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 4 bone in chicken thighs or breasts
- ½ c flour
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 28oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 generous tbsp Bella Sun Luci Tuscan Garden Sauce Starter
- 1 c mushrooms, sliced
- 1 c olives, sliced
- 1 lb pappardelle pasta
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Freshly chopped basil for garnish
- Cook pasta as directed on package, set aside.
- Prepare a low sided bowl with flour. Salt and pepper chicken on either side then dredge in flour mixture. Set aside.
- Heat a large pan over medium-high heat and add olive oil. Sauté the dredged chicken until golden brown on each side. Set aside.
- Add diced tomatoes and sauce starter to the pan over medium heat. Slowly scraping the bottom of the pan to deglaze the brown bits; stir to combine the tomatoes and Sauce Starter.
- Add the mushrooms, olives, and browned chicken to the pan and let simmer partially covered over medium-low heat until the chicken is cooked through, approximately 20 minutes.
- Plate immediately over pasta and garnish with basil.