Party time! Oh my gosh! So easy-tasty-crunchy-luscious. Big bold flavor. You can customize this to YOUR...you're the chef, right...liking. Chicken, great. Steak, great. Pulled pork/carnitas, great. Vegetarian, great. Rice chips, Great...and gluten-free. Or use tortilla chips. Make it Medi-Mexi if you feel like it. You're the chef! By the way, chef means boss.
- 1 Tablespoon Bella Sun Luci Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound chicken Italian sausage
- 6-10 medium pita breads, cut into triangles
- ¾ cup grated parmesan
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella, divided into two separate cups
- 1 cup artichokes, drained well and chopped
- 1 cup pitted black olives, drained well and sliced
- 1 8.5 oz. jar Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Tomatoes Julienne Cut in Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ cup basil chiffonade for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- Line a half sheet pan with parchment and hold aside.
- Heat the oil over a high flame in a sauté pan.
- Cook the onion until translucent.
- Add the garlic and sauté 10 seconds.
- Add the sausage and cook until just brown.
- Remove from heat and remove sausage mixture from the pan into a bowl. Set aside.
- Evenly spread the pita triangles onto the parchment lined sheet pan.
- Evenly sprinkle the parmesan over the pita and bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove and sprinkle evenly with cup of the mozzarella and the rest of the ingredients in the order above (except the basil), adding the second cup of mozzarella last.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and evenly sprinkle the basil chiffonade.