Mushroom and Tomato Stuffed Chicken
This dish doesn't mess around. Big bold flavor. The combination of the strong flavored mediterranean-based ingredients, complimenting chicken and other center of the plate items that are plain if you don't pay serious attention to them, is what Bella Sun Luci sun dried tomatoes were created to do. Cook this recipe right...correctly...properly...and you're a chef. Now, get cookin'!
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 6 oz fresh Mozzarella cheese, sliced
- ½ jar of 8.5oz Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Tomato Halves in Olive Oil, drained but reserve oil for later
- 1 cup cremini mushrooms, sliced
- ½ cup pitted kalamata olives
- 1 tablespoon Bella Sun Luci Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 sprig of Rosemary, de-stemmed
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- 3 cloves fresh garlic
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350° F and lightly grease a baking sheet with non-stick spray.
- Cut chicken breasts in half horizontally, place in a large ziplock freezer bag or between two pieces of plastic wrap, and pound chicken to about ¼ inch thick (the bottom of a large mason jar is a good pounding tool). Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a medium pan over medium-heat and sauté mushrooms and rosemary until mushrooms are softened and browned, about 4-6 minutes.
- In a food processor, place the contents of the sauté pan (including juices), kalamata olives, 5-6 sun dried tomato halves, 2 tablespoons of oil from the sun dried tomato jar, oregano, basil and garlic. Pulse for 10 seconds or until mixture is smooth.
- Speed the chicken breasts out and spoon 1 tablespoon of the sun dried tomato mixture on the top, layer with a piece of mozzarella and roll the chicken into itself. Place the roll onto a baking sheet (seam side down) and top with another slice of mozzarella, the remaining sun dried tomato mixture and one sun dried tomato half.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 6-8 minutes before serving.